If you are serious about your business and want it to grow, you are going to need to hire help. However, you may not have enough work to hire a full-time or even part-time employee. For this reason, many small business owners start by hiring virtual assistants.
A virtual assistant is someone who works from home, helping multiple clients run their business. They can do a variety of tasks, including:
- Accounting and bookkeeping tasks. This can include almost anything that pertains to your bookkeeping, including entering numbers into your accounting software, payroll, and even doing your taxes. You may want them to take care of your invoices. They can create them, send them out, and make sure that you are paid on time.
- Content Writing. Any piece of content that you send out can be written by someone else. This includes content on your website, your blog, your emails, social media posts, and much more.
- Data entry.
- General errands. Many virtual assistants shop online for their clients, answer phones and emails, and much more.
- Marketing is very commonly done by virtual assistants. They can help with your email, social media, blogging, and even your traditional marketing. Many help by responding to comments and messages.
- Many virtual assistants plan events and parties that you may be hosting. They can even book travel arrangements and other things when you have to travel to give talks.
- Receptionist duties. You can hire a virtual assistant to answer your phones, schedule appointments, confirm them, and other duties that you may hire a receptionist for.
- Website development. If you don’t have a website, they can design the perfect one for you. If you do, they can improve it, so you get more notice.
- And so much more.
A virtual assistant can do almost anything that you don’t have the time or want to do. In fact, many say that you can’t grow your business until you hire help. There is only so much one person can do.
Remember, running a business successfully does not need to be complicated. Keep it simple!
For more information on business analysis, business planning, and ways to grow your small business profitably, please check out our website www.portalcfo.com.
Manny Skevofilax is a consultant and speaker that helps his clients successfully navigate the challenges of growing their businesses profitably. Since 2003, Manny helps businesses enhance their results by using his experience in strategic planning, financial statement analysis, operations, organizational development, and team-building. His consulting firm, PORTAL CFO Consulting, Inc., has attracted clients from diverse industries in the United States and abroad.
Manny can be reached at 410-808-3441 or via email at email@example.com.