When thinking about how to grow your business, today’s small business owner has many options and one of them should be hiring freelancers or independent contractors. Supplementing your in-house work force with independent contractors can boost your business in many ways. Depending on your unique business, freelancers can create excitement in your team and enhance your business’s skill-set. How could your business benefit from partnering with freelancers?
- You won’t take on additional hiring costs like payroll taxes, insurance or benefits packages. If you see the business relationship won’t work, there’s no commitment to continue. Freelancers work according to their contract.
- Your business will reap the benefits of the skills you need, without the commitment of hiring. Need someone who has experience with high-tech software or new machinery? Bring in a freelancer to train your staff.
- Managers can create excitement in the business by bringing on experts temporarily. When you bring in a pro, people get excited. Encourage your employees to learn all they can from the freelance expert you hire. Schedule times for your team to pick the brain of the expert freelancer.
- Bring in another viewpoint and gain more expertise on a subject. Experienced freelancers have tons of knowledge they are willing to share. Tackle a persistent problem with a fresh set of eyes. It’s never a bad idea to get another point of view.
- Most freelancers work flexible hours. This means your business could be open for longer hours; providing more benefits to your customers.
- Unlike a temp hire, freelancers can be contacted directly when questions arise. The professional freelancer expects to answer queries and assist you when needed.
- Freelancers love a project! Whether your company is beginning a new project or working to finish one, independent contractors are the power-packed team you need to get the job done. They live for projects!
Remember, running a business successfully does not need to be complicated. Keep it simple!
For more ideas on how to grow your business, please check out our website.
Sign up for our weekly blog email update to stay tuned for details on our upcoming teleseminar for small business success.
Manny Skevofilax is a consultant and speaker that assists his clients with successfully navigating the challenges of growing their businesses profitably. Since 2003, Manny helps businesses to enhance their financial results by using his experience in strategic planning, financial statement analysis, operations, and team-building. His consulting firm, PORTAL CFO Consulting, Inc., has attracted clients from diverse industries in the United States and abroad.
Manny can be reached at 410-808-3441 or via email at email@example.com.