If you are anything like most entrepreneurs, you’re probably wondering how you can jump start your business and make it successful. Here are five small business tips for the entrepreneur to help you move forward.
- Start small. It seems obvious hence the term “small business”, but a surprising amount of people always tend to reach for their larger goals first. While that is not necessarily a bad thing, it can be overwhelming. Create short-term goals to help you get to where you want to be; utilize common sense.
- Ask for help. The phrase “pride goeth before destruction” can also be applied to the business world. Sometimes we have to swallow our pride and seek out the counsel of those in a similar career field. The best advice usually comes from someone who has been in it for a while. Never hesitate to contact someone you trust for help.
- Be realistic. More than likely, every successful business you’ve ever come into contact with came up with a realistic plan of action and stuck to it. The Entrepreneur website gives the following example:“If you set a goal to earn $100,000 a month when you’ve never earned that much in a year, that goal is unrealistic.” Being realistic may mean something as simple as an adjustment to your lifestyle. Determine what it may be and get it done.
- Stay productive. Your goals will not reach themselves if you are sitting behind your office desk staring at a computer screen; however, being busy does not mean you are being productive. Break up smaller, easier tasks and get them out of the way before tackling larger assignments. Remember, quality is always better than quantity. You want to give people your best work.
- Stay focused. With personal goals and other aspects of life pulling you in two different directions, it is important to stay focused on what is going on right in front of you. Multitasking might look appealing to the business person, but in the end, you’ll only get discouraged. Focus is key.
Remember, running a business successfully does not need to be complicated. Keep it simple!
For more valuable topics to help you successfully manage the challenges of growing your business profitably, please search our blog at our website www.portalcfo.com.
Manny Skevofilax is a consultant and speaker that helps his clients successfully navigate the challenges of growing their businesses profitably. Since 2003, Manny helps businesses enhance their results by using his experience in strategic planning, financial statement analysis, operations, organizational development, and team-building. His consulting firm, PORTAL CFO Consulting, Inc., has attracted clients from diverse industries in the United States and abroad.
Manny can be reached at 410-808-3441 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.